Friday, April 24, 2009

Is ASB Just Another Popularity Contest?

My school voted for our student government president, vp, and treasurer yesterday.
To me it just seems like another opportunity for the popular candidates to boost their already overly inflated egos, but hey that's just my opinion.

My grade has so many cliques that it is impossible for the underdog with only a small circle of friends to win over the majority. I hope my choices win (probably unlikely).

On another note, the Community Service Board. Totally excited for this! The board has done so much this year and it's bound to do a whole lot more next year. Unfortunately the Sudanese tutoring center that I've been teaching at the past year and a half might close down because of insufficient funding. I'm hoping to get a charity running at my school to raise about $10 000.

I'm studying for the CHEM FINAL right now - buffers, thermodymanics, electrochem YUM YUM YUM! lol

1 comment:

  1. Very unlikely, it would seem. None of your choices pulled through, but, to tell you the truth, I didn't think Tori would beat David. I was unaware of widespread popularity for her prior to the election. Vinny and Daniel I saw coming from a mile away, their experience and popularity are well known, and both of their speeches had universal appeal, within the school. Besides all that, I thought that all the speeches sounded pretty similar, they mostly skirted any issues and were riddled with implications of inadequacy on the part of their competitors, and of the previous office holders. Other than that, I'm sure you'll get lots of support in your charity, as long as you emphasize the Sudanese part of the program, everyone seems to care about the Sudanese, all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete