Tuesday, April 28, 2009

October Sky...

Just watched October Sky for the 14th time. I swear it is one of THE MOST INSPIRING movies I've seen in my lifetime. Everytime I see it two things happen - 1. I cry 2. I get so hyped up about science and inspired to go make something amazing.


I remember the first time I watch it I was about 10 or 11 and I went and made a huge lego city/castle on my bedroom floor. That caused a few problems because everytime my mum came in she would step on a piece of lego and shout at me - finally after about 2 weeks I was forced to pack my lego city away.

Then I think it was the 9th time I saw October Sky that I did a 2000 piece Disney puzzle - I was about 14. I remember it took me about 3-4 weeks and I was so adamant about doing it by myself in the beginning. After about the first week I had barely anything down and I nearly gave up and I just sat there thinking to myself "I'm never going to get this done." I think a couple days later my friends and I had a movie night and we decided to watch October Sky (this was my 10th time) and it reminded me that I didn't need to do things alone. For the next 2-3 weeks my friends came over every weekend and worked on it for 9 hours a day and during the week I would do it by myself. Finally when we were down to the last piece I remember my two friends and I held the piece and put it into place together.


I wonder how I'll be inspired this time. I wonder how I will commemorate my 14th time watching October Sky. I'm hoping for something truly awesome that might inspire others.

1 comment: